The fallout from Astroworld continues as Travis Scott’s new fashion collaboration with Dior is put on pause. This is just one of the rapper’s big projects to be temporarily scrapped in the aftermath of the Astroworld Festival tragedy, which ended with ten people dead.
Dior announced the news on Tuesday, December 28, saying in a statement that it was hitting pause on their planned collab “out of respect for everyone affected by the tragic events at Astroworld.” The company had planned to release a collaboration with Scott’s Cactus Jack line in the summer of the New Year. It even teased a first look at the exclusive line during Paris Fashion Week in June. The company’s statement continued, “Dior has decided to postpone indefinitely the launch of products from the Cactus Jack collaboration originally intended to be included in its Summer 2022 Collection.” Scott’s team is reportedly saying that the decision to postpone the Dior–Cactus Jack line was mutual. And it’s unclear if the line will ever be released.
Earlier this month, Scott lost another brand partnership when his Cacti hard seltzer was put on hold. “After careful evaluation, we have decided to stop all production and brand development of CACTI Agave Spiked Seltzer,” a spokesperson for Anheuser-Busch said at the time. “We believe brand fans will understand and respect this decision.” Before that, in November, Nike postponed the brand’s Air Max 1 x Cactus Jack release due to the Astroworld Festival; Fortnite reportedly stopped selling the “Out West” emote that used Scott’s song, “Out West”; and the production company Mega64 also “terminated” its relationship with Scott.
For his part, Scott has remained silent on his business fallout from the Astroworld Festival, though he did address the tragedy in an interview with Charlamagne tha God. “These people that came to the show, they are my family,” he said at the time. “I just want to always be there for them and always be able to know that I’m gonna fix this for future people and find a solution to making sure that this doesn’t happen in the future.”
In the meantime, Scott is facing multiple lawsuits from festival attendees and others — as of December 8, over 300 lawsuits had been filed against the rapper — and investigations into what exactly happened at the festival are ongoing.